Sabra Legal Training Institute Company Profile
Sabra Legal Training Institute
Foundation and Accreditation
The Sabra Legal Training Institute (SLT) is an educational institute specialized in legal training which is established and organized in Dubai under license No 668122 issued by Dubai Economic Development on 1 April 2012 and accredited by Dubai Knowledge and Human Development to provide educational services under No 60537 on 1 April 2012.
The Institute is an offshoot of the International Group for Training (“Sabra Group”) which was officially established in Egypt in July 2008. The Group is accredited by the Egyptian Council of Ministers as a national specialized center for legal training.
The SLT seeks to develop the writing, drafting, and translation skills of judges, legal consultants, lawyers, government administrative and executive employees, members of parliaments, and translators of legal documents.
Based in Dubai, the SLT extends its activity to cover the UAE, Gulf States, and most of the other Arab States. The Institute holds its activities, mainly, in Dubai, Cairo, Istanbul, Beirut, and Tunis.
To achieve its objectives, the Institute holds conferences, forums, workshops, seminars, and training courses. These activities are held mostly in cooperation with governmental authorities in Dubai, Beirut, Tunis and Cairo.
Examples of events as follows:
- A pan-Arab Conference on Legislative Drafting in Tunis on 22-24 September 2012. The conference was held in cooperation with Tunisia’s Ministry of Justice and the Arab Parliamentary Union.
- A pan-Arab Conference on Medical Malpractice Acts on 28-29 November 2012 in Dubai. The Conference was held under the auspices of H.E. Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, in cooperation with the Arab Medical Union, Abu Dhabi Center for Judicial Studies and Training of the Ministry of Justice, and Dubai Police Academy.
- A workshop on Institutional Partnership in cooperation with 7 governmental authorities.
Owner & Director
The owner and director of the Institute is Consultant/ Mahmoud Mohamed Ali Sabra, international expert in legislative drafting. Mr. Sabra serves as consultant to the following organizations
- IFC, World Bank Group
- IDLO (International Development and Law Organization)
- IRI (International Republican Institute)
- IFES: International Foundation for Election Systems.
- WHO: World Health Organization.
- SUNY, State University of New York
- ICLAD, International Consortium for Law and Development
- NDI, National Democratic Institute
- He also teaches in Cairo University’s Faculty of Law; State University of New York’s outreach program on legislative training; and International Consortium of Law and Development.
- Besides, Mr. Sabra is the author of 7 books on legal drafting and 5 manuals on legislative drafting for 5 Arab States.